- Fair Trade
- Sale Items
- All Products
Privacy Notice & Security
We, Jacobs of Dunster are committed to respecting & protecting the privacy of anyone using our site & the confidentiality of any information that you provide us with by which you can be identified when using this website. The purpose of this privacy statement is to set out how we use any personal information that we may obtain from you in accordance with the current GDPR regulations, effective from 25th May 2018.
Use & Collection Of Personal Information
In general you can visit our website without telling us who you are & without revealing any information about yourself. If, however, you use our site you will need to provide certain information such as your contact details.
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Contact information including email address & or telephone number
- Demographic information such as postcode & address
We require your information for the following –
- To register you with our website & to administer it.
- For assessment & analysis, e.g. marketing, customer & product analysis, to enable us to review, develop & improve our services.
- Processing & sending orders you may have placed on our website.
- When placing a website order a means of contact via email or telephone are relevant to process your order should a problem arise regarding your order we will need to contact you to complete it.
- We may use your email address that you have given us for sending you promotional newsletters, competitions, special offers or other information we think may be of interest to you.
- With our on going commitment to keeping your personal information secure we have in place suitable electronic, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard & secure information we collect online.
- Jacobs of Dunster are PCI compliant & do not hold any of your payment details. We use a third party payment gateway, UPG (Universal Payment Gateway) where your card details are securely processed & stored.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties: In the event we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we might disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller.
If we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with or meet any legal obligation.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by websites that you visit. They save & retrieve pieces of information about your visit to the website – for example, how you entered the site, how you navigated through the site & what information & documentation was of interest to you. This means that when you go back to a website, it can give you tailored options based on the information it has stored about you on your last visit.
Some of our cookies are used to simply collect information about how visitors use our website & these types of cookies collect the information in an anonymous form.
To find out more about cookies, including seeing what cookies have been set & how to manage & delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest such as our choice of social media platforms. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection & privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites & such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution & check the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will aim to inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purpose. You can exercise your right to prevent this happening by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You have the right to see your personal data (as defined under the Data Protection Act 1998 & GDPR regulations 2018) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request. Any request should be sent to: Jacobs of Dunster, 18A & 18B High Street, Dunster, Somerset, TA24 6SG or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at Jacobs of Dunster, 18A & 18B High Street, Dunster, Somerset, TA24 6SG or email email@example.com. We will correct any incorrect information as quickly as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information